If you’re like me, that’s not going to happen
any time soon even 3 lifetimes from now.
It’s so easy to get caught up in the tasks of life that we forget what’s most important to us: love, laughter, kindness, beauty, happiness, gratitude.
So, even though your to-do list may already have more on it than you’ll ever get done, I’ve got 5 items to add to your list. These are the ones that will help you find the clarity, peace, and happiness you long for.
The Most Important To-Do’s
1) Smile at yourself. Yep, when you look in the mirror show yourself some love by smiling at that precious face.
2) Smile at others. Whether or not you get a smile in return (which you likely will), you’ll boost everyone’s happiness by smiling.
3) Commit an act of kindness. Kindness towards someone you know or towards a stranger. Kindness in person, on the phone, or on-line. Kindness makes you feel good and who knows how it will ripple more kindness out into the world.
4) Laugh. Find a way to giggle, chuckle, or roar with laughter every day. You know how good this feels and science is confirming the multitude of benefits from laughter.
5) Say thank you. Think to yourself what you’re grateful for. Write it down. Share it with others. However you express it, gratitude boosts your happiness and helps you see the world more positively.
For more on these most important to-do’s, check out this excellent article that was the inspiration for this post, Your Most Important to Do List .
Smile at yourself. Smile at others. Commit an act of kindness. Laugh. Say thank you.
Incorporate as many of these as you can into your days and these most important to-do’s will change your experience of your life — in a very good way!
What are your most important to-do’s? Tell us in Comments below.
Like this article? You can get more articles like this with a complimentary subscription to the Savoring Your Sixties e-zine. Just put your name and email in the form below and click Subscribe!