No matter what our culture or the voices in our head that are tainted by our culture say, we are not ready to disappear or to slink off and hide after 60.
We want to make the most of however many years we have left. To live fully. To be fully alive with rich, fun, passionate, meaningful lives in the next decade and beyond.
And this is very possible!
How? Here are some ideas to get you started.
1) Take time to listen to yourself. What are your thoughts, feelings, hopes, and fears for your 60s?
2) Some things are in your control, some are not. What can you change? How can you do that? What do you need to accept? How can you do that?
3) Prepare for your future. What emotional, mental, spiritual, and physical practices will to set you so that you have the best possible life in your 60’s & beyond?
4) Create a vision for your life that lights you up, that energizes and enlivens you. What will bring you joy? Be deeply satisfying?
5) Start moving in the direction of your vision. Small steps or big steps will do the trick. Just start moving towards what lights you up.
(P.S. On this site, you’ll find other suggestions, tips, resources, and inspiration to help you do this, with more coming. Plus it’s a place for you to be yourself, to express yourself by making comments, to create conversation and community. I hope you’ll come back often.)
Please share your responses, thoughts, experiences, and feelings by clicking on Comments below, scrolling down to the form, and then writing away.